Skip to content

Feature Request

Welcome to the GnuCash “New Feature Request” forum.

Please review/search the existing requests before posting a new request.

61 results found

1. After exiting the application, the process should also be terminated (in Windows 10 64 bit)

After closing the application, the process is not terminated. After starting and closing the application again, another process remains. And so on.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We Definitely Need to Fix the Font Size Selection to be More User Friendly.

We are not trying to launch rockets into space. We just want to change the font size. Let's get this much needed feature added. It has been requested by many people for years and it is still not there. Come on folks, this is a super basic feature. My eyes hurt trying to read the small font size.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why you stop with the development? :-(

Hello! why did you leave us orphans without making any more improvements in gnucash android mobile? Simple items such as "cost center" (tag for transactions) and new reports as one of expenses and revenues at least. Sad that, see? I could charge, people would pay for this little news. Gnucash is fantastic on android.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, I agree it's nice to have an Android companion for GnuCash.

Unfortunately maintenance of such an app takes time and the single developer that created and maintained the project apparently no longer has the time or motivation to continue (that's not me by the way).

Keep in mind GnuCash for Android has always been a project independent of the main GnuCash project. While it aims to work together with GnuCash it doesn't share any code with it. None of the GnuCash developers was directly involved (other than in the initial mentoring of the GfA developer) and unfortunately none of the GnuCash developers has enough time and/or motivation to take over maintenance of the GnuCash for Android project.

Of course any one is free to step in and pick up where the original developer abandoned the project. So far that didn't happen unfortunately.

4. Name a Search

Every Edit>Find or Ctrl-F(ind) action generates a "Search Results" window with matching transactions.

It would be nice to distinguish such windows by a name or title. The user might be able to name it, or the name could indicate the Register being searched (possibly abbreviated), and the string or condition being searched, eg. Income - "salary", or US Bank - not R(econciled)..

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make PDF Icon

In version 4.1 on the reports page we had an icon called " Make PDF". In version 4.4 that is missing and I can't seem to find a way to make a report in PDF in the new version. It only does dthat in an HTML format.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. menus auf deutsch

Hallo, ich habe mehrmals Gnucash von deutschen Websites heruntergeladen, aber das ganze programm ist auf englisch. Warum wird dann das Programm als Deutsch angeboten ? Muss man jedes Konto und jeden Begriff von Hand auf Deutsch umstellen ? Ist noch niemand drauf gekommen, dass die deutsche Buchhaltung andere Begriffe verwendet ? Eine wirklich deutsche version ist das nicht, da ist alles auf die USA zugeschnitten. Für die amis.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Main window does not minimize on taskbar button click

Clicking on the taskbar button will only maximize window, does not minimize window. Have to use "-" on window to minimize.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. improve import dialog

I regularly use the QIF import and every time I do so I have to click 14(!) times to finally reach the list for transaction assignments. The only thing that really needs to be asked for is the import file name. All other answers are the same every time so they should be stored somewhere.
    Also the title of all these questions uses a big portion of the screen on the left side for no use. This room is much more usefull for the often very long transaction texts. At the moment I have to do a lot of left/right…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tastenkürzel erweitern

Hallo allerseits!

Ich benutze Gnucash Version 3.4 unter Windows 10. Es gibt bereits Tastenkürzel für die Eingabe von Buchungen (siehe https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/De/Tastenkürzel), allerdings würde ich gerne im Buchungsfenster (Strg+T) mit den Tasten Tabulator, +, -, Enter zwischen den Konten und Unterkonten wie im Microsoft Dateiexplorer wechseln. Oder ist diese Bedienung veraltet und es gibt eine bessere? Vielen Dank und bis bald!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Program translations

Hi,

Wit the new GnuCash versión 3.4, i can not translate to other language for work because it have bug.

I work it in spanish: es_ES but the dates of operations is not displayed.

I try with other language with the same result.

I operate it in Windows 10 x64.

With versión 3.3 it work ok, with the changes
    LANG=es_ES
    LANGUAGE={LANG}
    in environment file.

I hope can help me about it. It are great program. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a Transaction Report Option to "Show Subtotal Table Only"

or an option to "disable detail list below subtotal table."
    This would allow a "single report that shows summary amounts for multiple months for multiple accounts" and "Reporting: multiple periods" as previously requested. Without the listing of every transaction below the Subtotal Table which is in the form of multiple columns which can be for periods from daily weekly and monthly up to yearly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Record the date of the statement each transaction was reconciled to.

This allows one to go back and re-prove reconciled balances for prior periods, even though later periods have already been reconciled. You just sort transactions by the reconciliation date, rather than the transaction date, and your balance should still match the statement ending balance for the period in question.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Gnucash wiki under feedback should have a link to this User Voice

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Contributing_to_GnuCash#Feedback

On the GnuCash wiki, no reference is made to this User Voice. Instead, there's a link to a question in the FAQ that apparently no longer exists.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Before a revert is executed, Gnucash shouldn't prompt to save

I just got screwed by this and my automatic reflex to hit save when prompted to do so. The very act of reverting is incompatible with saving first, and if you agree to do so, it saves and then reverts to the save it just made, which doesn't make any sense at all.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How does one move transactions up or down. Some people say is it is possible but no how-to is available

move transaction rows up or down within transactions of the same date

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s implemented in the unstable versions that will become the next stable series. There, you have right-click items “move up / move down”. In the current 2.6.x stable series the feature is not yet there, but it will appear in the next versions.

16. X-Plattform / relative / ... file attachment pathes

Currently, file attachments are stored with their absolute path on the file-system. This makes it impossible to use a GC environment (datafile and attachments) cross-plattform via sync (dropbox, git, etc). Syncing on the same plattform, also is difficult as you need the same pathes as well.

Some ideas:
    - Pathes are stored relative to the gnucash file
    - Files are kept inside the datafile / -base
    - Usage of environment variables

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature has been implemented in our development branch, which will eventually be released as gnucash 2.8 (currently scheduled for early 2018).

Thank you for your request and feel free to send new ones!

17. Cleaning up payment lots

As mentioned in the post http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/quot-Internal-Lot-Links-quot-mess-in-Accounts-Receivable-td4667168.html, the clutter created by payment lots in the the AR/AP accounts was raised but no solution was discussed.

I think the information would be more useful in a seperate register for payments made/recieve for vendor/customber invoices where invoice numbers, vendor/customers numbers are linked.

This may involve a redesign of the "Process Payment" dialog to include the above information which captures all the data relationships assciated with the payment data instead of storing the links in the ledgers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this up.

Meanwhile gnucash 2.6.5 has been released which boasts a major cleanup of the lot link generation code. More precisely lot links won’t be created anymore unless a payment involves at least one invoice AND one credit note. That’s the only situation in which lot links are unavoidable.

In all other cases the payments are handled as before lot links were introduced, with the additional advantage of more fine-grained control over which invoice(s) to pay with a single payment.

Note that existing lot links are not cleaned up automatically. One should run “Check & Repair” on the A/R and A/P accounts for this to happen.

Lastly even though 2.6.5 contains the bulk of the improvements, I advise to use 2.6.6 instead as it has some fixes that prevent gnucash from locking up in certain circumstances when cleaning out the old lots.

18. Display (e.g. in form of a small icon) if a file/location is associated with transaction

Please enable the possibility to display somehow if a file/location is attached to transaction. Don’t want to ‘right click’ all to see if a file is attached or not.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the link.

While I would have preferred if the seller at least referred to the gnucash project in a way, he is in no way required to do so.

The GPL explicitly allows commercial use of the sources. The only requirement the seller has is to provide the full source code upon request to users of his binary packages. As long as he properly does so he’s not violating the GPL. And only his customers can test that.

The gnucash project is also not against commercial initiatives involving our software in general.

We only hope that the seller does a decent job in satisfying his customers. It would be a pity if such an isolated initiative would hurt the gnucash project itself due to misleading activities. So far there is no evidence of such activity.

20. Add days of the week to header row of 'Upcoming Transactions'

Within the Scheduled Transactions tab, the upcoming transactions calendar shows the month on the left hand side.
    It would be really useful if it showed the day of week (Mon, Tues, Wed, etc) across the top of each table.
    At present it's not clear if the week starts with Sunday or Monday.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your request.

I’m not sure which version of GnuCash you were using when you filed this request. However in GnuCash 2.6.x, I see these headers at the top of my Upcoming Transactions calendar, so I consider this complete.

If I’m mistaken, please feel free to provide more detail.

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Request

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base