Skip to content

Feature Request

Welcome to the GnuCash “New Feature Request” forum.

Please review/search the existing requests before posting a new request.

• or

7 results found

1. Implement quotations which can be converted to invoices

A quotation to a customer is only a step away from an invoice, except that it is printed but not posted.

Fortunately my ignorance of programming and databases allows me to suggest that this is simple as there the invoicing code can be recycled.

When the customer okays the quotation (perhaps with alterations), the quotation can be called up and converted to an invoice and posted.

See also credit notes http://goo.gl/FR76A.

114 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Move Estimate settings (date and significant digits) to Budget Options and remember

Button Estimate open Window "Estimate Budget Values" and these settings (date and significant digits) move to Budget Options and remember values from first set up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. cashflow forecast with graph

Gnucash needs a robust cashflow forecast with graph, where one can select which accounts and show future cashflow for 30, 90, 180 and 360 days based on scheduled transactions (both credits and debits) that have not yet been entered. e.g. my pay comes every 2 weeks, I get some extra income in June and August that I can estimate, and I have some bills that are every month, others twice a year... I need to know when things will "pile up" requiring a transfer from higher yielding savings accounts into checking. Microsoft Money had a great forecast with a…

266 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bonds are quoted as %. Please add the possibility to divide the retrived quote by 100 on some bonds.

Many European Bonds have quotation base on 100 units (%). Yahooeurope for example offers price referred to single unit for stocks and price referred to 100 units for bonds. It would be nice if the price editor would have the possibility to divide the price retrived by Finance::Quote by 100 (or some other value). Finance Quote cannot do it because it operates on a source base (es Yahooeurope) and does not know if it is a bond or a stock.
    Thank you for all your great work.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improved Mortgage Handling

Scheduled transactions cannot cope with overpaying on the principal, where the current balance (instead of estimated) is required for computation.

71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enhance Online Bank Transactions Workflow

I use Gnucash für almost five years now for my private finances as well as for my company's. It's the best open source accounting software available. Thanks a lot for that!

Observing my personal workflow I realise that I spent most of the time in the online transactions tool inputting the accounts to be booked in. Although the Bayes algorithm is kind of a help here, it could easily be saved a lot of time with a few alterations.

Some ideas on that:

I. New online transactions import dialog.
    It contains just one transaction at a time (instead of all…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Better budgeting (based on managerial accounting)

Budgeting in GnuCash is as big, yet as essential, a project as GnuCash in the first place. Please see my rant below.

We must not confuse planning for the future and recording transactions.

GnuCash’s greatest strength is that it is built on sound accounting principles. While financial accounting is all about recording transactions that occurred in the past. Managerial accounting is all about forecasting the future. What our best estimates of future Income; Expenses; Assets; Liabilities and Equity. These forecast are then used to answer questions. One of the most critical questions being “Will I have the cash to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?