I suggest you ...

Add Undo Functionality

Corresponding Bugzilla item: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=509267

Where's ctrl-z when you need it? There's several aspects to this. Naive undo would include being able to remove some typing or a paste operation you did to a field that you didn't intend. Sophisticated undo would let you reverse a transaction that you messed up without having to hunt for what account it's in now. Even more sophisticated might be multiple levels of both Undo and Redo, and a hint in the menu next to each about what would happen if you chose that option.

This is another simple time-saver that's probably been mentioned elsewhere but may be worth listing here for tracking purposes.

266 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JonathanJonathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Emmanuel FlorentEmmanuel Florent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a must. Perhaps a complete chain of list of change have to be implemented is for replaying an history with little batches in the list. But it's a must have!

• ian rendakian rendak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple "Esc" before pressing the "Enter" key would be a start: I find if I partially overwrite a previous entry, I can't even "cancel" the partial error by pressing "Esc" !? For instance if the date is partially bungled, "exiting" by clicking elsewhere gives the "default" date rather the previous correct entry...

• Stephen Holland M.D.Stephen Holland M.D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bump one on this. Erroneous transaction deletes are very easy to do, and the software even lets you turn off the "are you sure" functionality.

• Tommy TrussellTommy Trussell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Invoking UNDO could also be a way to override autofill. Type a description, tab, autofill invoked, hit undo, and the autofill is undone but not the just-typed description. (The next undo could do that.) This is how auto-correct is often implemented in OpenOffice or Microsoft Word; the first undo just undoes the autocorrection or formatting.

Feedback and Knowledge Base