Skip to content

Feature Request

Welcome to the GnuCash “New Feature Request” forum.

Please review/search the existing requests before posting a new request.

458 results found

1. Pls add an 'Next Month'' as predefined periode in periode picker

I have a depreciation report page for current period, and last period to compare, this all run by scheduled transaction, so say current month my total depreciaton expense is 10 item with value of 1.2 million, and last month total depreciation expense is 11 item with value of 1.3 million, then I need to know, how much item and value it will be for next month, will it decrease or increase ? in case to make a plan for future need or investment. tq in advance

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Rearrange Reports

The current income statement adds up all income and gives a subtotal. Then it adds up all expenses and gives a subtotal. Then it nets them out for total income/loss.

I need to be able to customize the income statement sorting the order of the accounts and adding subtotals where needed. For example, there is no way to create operating income by subtracting operating expenses from Sales. I'd like to break it down further and include a gross profit by subtracting GOGS from sales. Then subtract other operating costs to get Operating income. Then add other income and expenses such…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. CSV Import to Liability Account - Column Naming for Debit/Credit

I import transactions from my CC statements and LOC accounts by using exported CSV files. The import dialog uses the terms "Withdrawal" and "Deposit" to indicate whether the transaction was a debit or credit. I found the terms a bit ambiguous when it referred to a liability account because, in my mind, a withdrawal could indicate a decrease in credit and a deposit could indicate an increase in credit.

I recommend that it should be possible to choose the wording for these column headings to debit/credit and that when a liability account is chosen the transactions are properly added as…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change the "red line" to a hard date instead of "x days back in time."

This allows one to close a period, disabling changes to a register after a certain date. Right now, the red line floats a certain number of days in the past, which is helpful, but doesn't allow one to "hard-close" a reporting period.

Nice, but not as critical, would be the ability to set a different red line for individual accounts (each of which is no earlier than the books-wide, master red line).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Save different sets of columns with different Accounts tabs

Although one can set up multiple Accounts tabs with different filters applied (for example, have a cash flow tab for Income/Expense accounts, separate from an balance sheet tab for Asset/Liability accounts), it's less useful than one would like, because the set of columns used with each is ideally different (for example, Total (Period) for cash flow, versus Present for balance sheet).

Although one can configure different columns on different tabs, it doesn't stick. After exiting and reopening the program, whatever columns open apply to all tabs.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. resend donation for gnucash

can we resend a donation done to gnucash in argenta bank to bank wich dont have internet transfert services in algeria

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A heresy: optionally merge credit/debit columns into one, use negative/positive numbers instead

It seems to be a tradition in accounting to use negative numbers as rarely as possible. But the columns credit/debit (or in other incarnations deposit/withdrawal, spend/receive, ...) are in my view just confusing. In the end you either add or subtract to an account, so there is no point in having one column for subtraction and other column for addition.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Budget Flow

The left column of budget flow is intended to be the budget it self. The problem is the total value at the end. Instead of subtracting the expenses from incoming, it is adding both values. For instance: If I have an amount of 2000 of expenses and an amount of 2500 of incomes the total amount will be 4500 instead of 500,00. This might be happening because of a changing of some way that Gnucash handled the incomes and expenses.
    I hope you improve the budget as a whole asp. Because this is a great software that has a great…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. can gnucash send online payement

did gnucash can realy send online payements in all banks of the world and we find money in the bank if we set iban and account number and bank info in this software alternative to quicken

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Account page columns for multiple previous periods

On the accounts page, I'd like an available column for not just Total (period), but Total (previous period). Ideally, I'd set up an Accounts tab with columns for Total (current period), Total (n-1), Total (n-2), using the Accounts page as a more dynamic version of a cash flow report.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. High DPI Support

It would be great if GnuCash would support high DPI screens. For example, my 13.3" laptop has a screen resolution of 3200x1800 and several elements of GnuCash's UI are close to invisible. This is a significant issue for many users, especially as screen DPIs continue to climb.

Gnome applications (I run Gnome shell on wayland) appear to scale very well. This gives me hope that high DPI issues in GnuCash can be addressed easily.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can GNU Cash keep the creation (of an account, of a line, etc.) on the screen without exiting the entry mask at each validation ?

After a validation, you should maintain the mask, clear the fields for a new entry + create an exit button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sort transactions on Date&Number

Allow ordering of transactions by both date and number. Currently sorting by date only generally gives the required order, but can occasionally get mixed up if transactions are entered at different times (or on different machines). Sorting on date and number would allow the number to be used to achieve the required date order sequence (such as to match a bank account listing).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Another request came in which seems to clarify this issue. As it was sent by Anonymous I’m not sure it’s from the same person. As they deal with the same issue I have merged them together. A simple comment on this request would have been sufficient as well.

Anyway it looks the default sorting as you are asking for only happens on the register pages and not in the reports. I have reverted the status of this request.

14. Specify seperate folder for backup and log files

Currently sharing a GnuCash account via DropBox is messy because the shared folder keeps having to synchronise a massive number of log and backup files. Would be preferable to have these files stored in a non-shared folder so that only the main account file would need to be synchronised on change.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add setting for reports location.

Would love to be able to save reports to a specific folder, preferably one associated with the account file the report applied to. So when working on an account only the 'saved reports' applicable to that account would be available thereby reducing clutter when selecting a report to run. It would also simplify sharing the account and reports with other users.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New transaction-input above future transactions

Would it be possible to move the 'new transaction'-input line above any future transactions, just below the blue line?

I pre-create a lot of recurring transactions to keep track of my budget on long term, but this causes 3/4rd of my screen to be filled with future transactions. I would love to see the input box moved a bit up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Spanish translation

I would like a spanish version. I'm able to help with it if you like. Thank you.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OFX file import.

When selectinga file for OFX import, restrict the files listed to *.OFX (or *.QFX) rather than showing all the files in the selected directory - as in currently done with QIF imports where only *.QIF files are shown.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. select booking and create new online boocing with its data

when a booking in an online account is selected

I'd like to create a new online booking with the data of the selected booking (open the online booking dialogue)

The type of booking (SEPA or old style) should be determined by the type of the selected booking.

the counter account should also be preselected as the same as the selected booking

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow viewing a part of the budget in budget reports

My budget period is 1 month, and my budget has 12 periods. When viewing a budget report, it's impossible to see how I've done from, say, June and out the year (especially if viewing the difference too), because the budget extend beyond my screen.

I suggest to make it possible to view specific budget periods in the budget report, such as only the current or previous month.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?