I suggest you ...

While open the GNU cash main window there should be a option to select the account. Like a drop down list to select the file.

While open the GNU cash main window(not open the account directly ) there should be a option to select the account. Like a drop down list to select the file.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Geetha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminGeert Janssens (Admin, GnuCash) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm still having trouble trying to understand what you want exactly.

Perhaps you are really talking about the fact that gnucash automatically reopens the file you have used last time and don't want this ? Would you rather gnucash asks you which file to open on startup instead ?

• Geetha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am working on Linux mint ,
        Main window means - if we opened account through Start---->Office----> gnu cash ,it directly open the account what we closed last time.
        "not open the account directly" means the account that we "save as " in different folder.

What i want to suggest is if we open the gnu cash from Start---->Office----> gnu cash ,before open the account there should be drop down list in which I can select the account .

• AdminGeert Janssens (Admin, GnuCash) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your suggestion, but I'm afraid I don't understand your request. Can you describe in more detail what you are missing ?

In particular the term "Main Window" as opposed to "not open the account directly" is not clear to me.

Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base